Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, April 29, 2016

A DAY FOR DAISIES :: DT SHOWCASE :: VINTAGE


My card features the cute image called "Flowers for Sale
that I merged with a digital image of a vintage seed packet, as well as digital lace.  

Alcohol markers were used for the colouring of the image:

 Instead of using dimensional flowers I printed the image a second time, 
cut out just the flowers, 
and coloured them similarly to the flowers in the image:

 I also used the following on my card:

kraft card base
burgundy cardstock mat
sewn on sequins and beads
sewn on pearls
pearl stamens
flat back pearl
copper coloured cord bow

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter these challenges:
THE PAPER SHELTER, PEARLS 
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is gorgeous!!! Love the colors and how you've used the flowers from the image as an embellishment! Thanks for sharing with us this time around at Creative Fingers :)
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Jen! Love the beautiful treatment of the fab vintage image, your bright color palette and amazing details. Thank so much for joining our "Say it with Flowers" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and thanks for sharing this beautiful one at our current challenge.xx Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all those beautiful vintage elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen I will say it again ... your coloring just amazes me! BEAUTIFUL creation ... love the combination of elements! AWESOME!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic coloring on that delightful image, Jen! Wonderful vintage card. challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card with wonderful bright colours. I love the way you have used the flowers. Thanks for joining us at A Beautiful Mess. Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is stunning. I always love seeing your works of art.. You are so computer smart and joining it with your colored image is flawless. I love your work. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card with beautiful details!! Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!