Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, May 24, 2015

REMINDER : UNSTAMPABELLES' CHALLENGE :: FAMILY HISTORY

You have just 4 more days to enter your project in the Unstampabelles' Family History Challenge.

Here is my project to inspire you to join us:


Early in 1950, in Holland, two young lovers said goodbye, as the young girl was emigrating to South Africa with her family.  He promised her that he would follow as soon as he had saved enough money to pay for the sea voyage to Durban.  A year later they were reunited, and were married in 1956 and remained married to each other for the next 41 years, until his death. . The young man was my father and the young girl, my mother, who still remains true to him.  A true love story!  My calendar topper tells the story of that young love.


To create my calendar topper, I layered various digital elements, and then printed onto white cardstock - a mini calendar for 2016 was added.


Click HERE to link the the challenge blog

Thanks for stopping by today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful story and collage to tell it! Great idea to make it a calendar topper. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!