Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, October 5, 2014

BLACK N BLING FOR A BELLYANCER


The majority of my client don't give me an exact idea of what they want, I get given the colours, and some links to pix of what they like, and they trust me to follow my creative mojo.

This bra 'n belt bellydance costume is one of my recent makes for a client and I delivered it yesterday.


The bra was made by covering a (purchased) foam cut bra with the back sequin dot fabric, and adding a ruffle (for a little decorum), stitching on the sequins, and then the fringing.



To create the belt,  l used a length of black belt webbing as  a base, covered it with black sequin dot fabric, and sewed on two layers of fringe trim.  The sequins were sewn on, as swell as the coin trim.

The belt fastens by means of two rings and cords so that it can be tightened to the dancer's hip measurement no matter if she wears a multilayered skirt, overskirt and hip scarf or simply a thin satin circle skirt.


I am happy to say she was a excited with the outcome as I was.

Thanks for popping by today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter these challenges:




5 comments:

  1. I cannot thank you enough for playing along with my Dream Team and me on the launch of our new ATG challenge blog!

    About your belly dancer costume... WOW! It's fantastic! I can't imagine she'd have been anything but excited about it. It's fabulous! xx

    Again, thanks for joining us for our current ATG challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    Inspiration Destination - Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! great!

    Thanks for playing with us the first challenge of Inspiration Destination!

    Good Luck and I hope see you again!

    Gr. Meggi DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant project.

    Thanks for joining us at inspiration destination

    Tracey CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. oriental idea, I love it. Thanks for sharing by bastel-traum and I hope we see us again :) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!