Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, February 22, 2014

A BIRTHDAY CARD FOR A YOUNG LADY

This image from Squigglefly is another that I chose as part of my prize, and I have used her on a card that I will give to one of the children of St Monica's.  This one is called 'Strut your Stuff'.


I used Copic Markers for the colouring,a  white gel pen for the highlights, and Glossy Accents on the turban:



I also used the following on my card:

lilac CS mat
purple patterned DP
lilac CS diecut
flat back pearls
sewn on star sequins
The sentiment is pinched and I added a flower in the centre, with sewn on flower sequins between the beads

Thanks for visiting today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
WAGS N WHISKERS, #123, PHOTO INSPIRATION (I USED THE KITTY ON THE RIGHT – BLUE HAT AND LILAC VEST)





10 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Jen!! So glad to see you at The Stamping Boutique! Hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - amazing colouring in. Great choice of image - it actually looks very realistic. I love your choice of papers and the stars. Thank you for joining us at Pinspirational Challenges. Come back next week!
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly girly card to fit our challenge so nicely this week! I really love the image you chose and your coloring is beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Milk N Coffee
    hugs, Rita DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen I just love your coloring. You work wonders with a white gel pen! I also really like those star sequins! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love it, the little girl is perfectly coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your coloring is just perfect!!! You really know how to catch the light spots!! thanks for joining our challenge at THE STAMPING Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is so fantastic! Wow! I love everything you did on this card and that image is wonderful. Impressive work. Thanks for sharing this with us in the Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, your card is just adorable. I love the image you chose and you have colored it beautifully. Thank you for joining us for the Squigglefly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, Your image is adorable and love your colors. So glad you joined us at Color Me Creative. Good luck with the challenge.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgous image and fabulous colouring.
    thank you so much for sharing with us at CMM

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!