Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, October 7, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ GREETING CHALLENGE

The Greetings Challenge at The Outlawz today requires a 'smile' to be used on your greeting card, and I am playing along for fun, as I cannot actually enter the challege as I am on the DT there.


Here is my 'SMILE' card:


To me, the ultimate smiler is the Cheshire cat from the 'Alice in Wonderland' movie, so I used a free colouring page for my image to colour with Copics and Graphi'It markers.  I have used my current favourite colours (pink and purple) - even my hair is those colours at the moment!

Perhaps the Glossy Accents treatment for I his eyes is just about visible in the photograph above?

I made a CAS window card, and used my alphabet die to create the sentiment on the front.


I think this is such a fun masculine card, despite the pink and purple palette, don't you agree?  Alternatively, if you celebrate halloween, this could be just right for a 'cute by creepy' halloween card!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:



 


19 comments:

  1. OMGosh Jen he looks Awesome! I agree the Cheshire Cat is the ultimate smiler, I love the way you coloured him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love the little peek-a-boo cut out for the image! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Halloween card, the smiling cat put a big smile on my face..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge this week and hope you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Cute! You coloring is fabulous, as well as the layout! Good luck in The Corrosive Challenge this fortnight!

    DebbieM
    TCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Thank you for joining 613 Ave Create Challenge. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fab, made me smile...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely fun smile card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “purple power” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! You can see the glossy accents on the eyes really well in your photo. Thank you for joining in with our challenge is month at Stamping Sensations. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card - and what a smile! Thanks for sharing this for The Sweet Pea Stampers 'purple power'challenge - hope to see more of your lovely crafting soon - Hazel, Design Team x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card.

    Thanks for sharing at Totally Papercrafts.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your CAS card. Good luck at TT with our challenge,
    Bev Cole, DT Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a FUN card :) Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Creative Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Cheshire cat! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Jen! You made my day!! I couldn´t help but smile when I saw your fab card. It´s so funny and eye catching :))). Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at 613 Avenue Create and please come back soon!
    Have a nice day and a lovely weekend.
    Regards and "Hugs", Renata (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can you not love that great big, beautiful smile!!! So cute!

    Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Cheshire cat is sooo bright and colorful! Love him! He definitely is one of the coolest characters from the book. :) Thanks for playing at CI Paints!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jan - Can you Email Me your full name so I can send your Voucher to you for Sweet Pea Stamp - soo.jay@virgin.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great happy card. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room. Bev :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun Cheshire Cat card, great for our Animal Avian or Aquarian challenge at The Male Room. Thanks for joining in.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!