Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sometimes it's beneficial to be a hoarder ...

... and why do I say that?

Well, I have been hanging onto a pretty birthday card for years and years and years! Today I got to use it on a vintage-style birthday card.

 I cut out the picture, distressed the edges and made my card according to a sketch from Let's Scrap:

2-16-11 

I used the following for my card:


off white CS base
 off white CS background
woodgrain DP
self-adhesive lace, distressed
sewn on sequins and beads, and bling butterfly
peel-off sentiment
seam binding bow
spray of paper roses and flowers and sequin flowers

(I know the bling is a little too modern for true vintage, but I felt that it brightened the overall look and added some interest.)

The top left hand corner of the recycled birthday card image is curled up in keeping with the vintage theme.

I will enter this card into the World Card Making Day challenge at Let's Scrap.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful way to frame the image so pretty, thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the Hobby House Challenge :)
    Amanda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful vintage inspired card. And I like the added bling!. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoarders unite! I have a crafty supply mountain in one of my spare bedrooms. It goes to the ceiling! I always think it's a blessing to hoard craft supplies.....my bad. Love your project and the post thougths. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card thank you for joining us at A Little Bit Shabby this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and lovely card, like it...

    Hugs
    Kim

    Kindly check my new site for more digi's DigiDarlaDesigns.com.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!