Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, September 10, 2013

GREETINGS CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ

The Outlawz Greetings challenge this week is to use burlap (hessian, as it's called in South Africa), kraft and beads, and as I like to play along for fun - I cannot enter the challenge as I am on the DT there - this is the CAS card I made:


My card consists of a wooden beaded heart embroidered onto the burlap (through the burlap and onto the kraft)

The kraft has inked edges and the sentiment is a digistamp from 
TLC (I think?)

i have made my card according to the sketch at Let's Scrap and will be entered into the September LOAD challenge.  

Although this is completely different to the cards I make now, it is extremely similar to the cards I used to make many years ago before I discovered digistamps.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


 



15 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Love the colors and the burlap with the beads adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the beaded heart. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the burlap and beads. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the earthy feel to it. Thanks for playing at Try Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Jen. Love the design It is strange to see your card without a beautifully colored image. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done. Love the warm feeling of this card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is a really cool card! Love the beaded flower that gives it just a touch of color. Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hessian and beads - very African feel to it! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for our latest challenge!
    Claire xx
    TSoT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Jen, love that texture! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes Challenge! Good luck hope you can join us next week, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “fall colours”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Burlap is all the rage these days and I love the way you've used it in your card. Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card, I love the rustic feel.
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love the beads and burlap! Such a gorgeous design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love your use of beads for the heart!!! Thanks for playing with us on Try Stampin' on Tuesday :) (sorry i am late!)

    Rose Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very earthy card, perfect for fall! So glad you joined the challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!