Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, May 24, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ FRIDAY CHALLENGE USING COPICS OR OTHER ALCOHOL MARKERS

It's time for me to share with you the details of this week's Copics and Other Alcohol Markers challenge over at The Outlawz.  

How about making a ONE LAYER card for this challenge?  

I found it difficult as I like to pile on the layers and embellies, but did make this one to share:

My image is from Mo Manning, printed onto Bazzill textured cardstock and I used Copics and a white gel pen to colour it.

Here is a better look at what the colouring looks like on texture:


To create my card I used a scallop border punch for the bottom edge of the card front.  I also scored two lines along the border and wrote the sentiment by hand.

The back of the card is royal blue cardstock, on which I used the scallop border punch along the top edge.  I then scored it and folded it over the front and glued it down.  The 'faux' brads are actually a white gel pen blob with some Stickles.



I would love to see what you come up with for this challenge.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


6 comments:

  1. Great guy card, Jen! You did a fantastic job with the coloring and design! I find CAS so difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really an awesome card. It's really not easy to do a one layer. And I also have trouble with masculine cards and you did both so very easily!!!!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mo Manning images and you've colored this one beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the CTD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous coloring and shading! Always love Mo's digis! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this Mo Manning image and love it done on the textured card. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in the challenge at the Perfect Sentiment this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colouring Jen and I love the look of the textured cardstock - must try that :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!