Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, February 12, 2013

WHAT!? ANOTHER VINTAGE CARD FOR THE OUTLAWZ??!!

How did that happen?  I don't particularly enjoy making vintage cards, so two in a row ... wow!!!

The Color Challenge today at the Outlawz is : 


And this is my interpretation:


My starting point was this recently purchase sheet of 12 x 12 DP from Authentique, called "Greetings" in the Lovely range :


It's a beautiful textured paper, and double sided.  I used the centre image in the top row.

After I cut out the image, I inked the edges to give them some definition, and mounted it onto kraft card that also had the edges inked.  I coloured the image a little with my alcohol markers to increase the intensity:


For the rest of the card, I used :

off-white CS card base
blue card mat
offcut of striped brown DP
sky blue organza ribbon and bow
and
the following BLUEBERRY BEAR products:

three small pearl flatbacked hearts


three paper flowers, layered, with a large flatback pearl centre


Although I am not a HUGE vintage fan, I think I am happy with this card, and I would like to add it to the following challenges:



luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa






15 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful vintage card! I love the image and the card behind it, very shabby! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jen! Love the papers & design & that bow is fabulous! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I loved the perfect image for Valentine's Day!Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this! I love how you used the addressed envelope. Just perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at CCM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, the vintage image is fab. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen! You have a really gorgeous card, love the vintage look! Great design and beautiful details.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Crafty Sentiments.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Crafty Sentiments Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog. We change our challenges every other week so make sure you stop by frequently and join us. We always have some great challenges and surprises going on.
    Veronica DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Wonderful vintage style. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenges and I'd love to see you again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful creation, I love all your combined elements and textures! Thanks for joining us @ CTO for our "Valentine Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you don't like making vintage cards, but this one is so classy! Love it! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty asentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab vintage Valetines card Jen !! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!!! Love the vintage feel to this!!!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!