Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, January 12, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUGABOO!

If you are here for the 
BUGABOO STAMPS
3rd BIRTHDAY BASH
BLOG HOP

please click HERE

Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating its 3rd birthday with a week-long birthday bash and Saturday's festivities see the start of a blog hop.

So as not to confuse the comments by the hoppers with the posts from the challenge blogs,I have created this separate post for entering my card into some challenges.

This is my birthday card:


My card features the Bugaboo image called Theodore - Birthday - Sign which I printed onto gingham check DP after changing the colour of the lines to red.  Here is a better look:


I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen, using am monochromatic colour palette ( yes, and brown - but that's a hair colour isn't it?).  The balloons have been Glossy Accent -ized.  As an  embellishment I made a concertina half- flower and then added other half-flowers on the other side.

The following items have also been used to create my card:

white CS card base
pink CS card mats
pink/white polka dot DP
pink satin ribbon and bow
acrylic and gem beads in two corners
pink raindrops

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA



12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, love the cute image and colour palette. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven and hope to see you back again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, what an adorable card!! Theodore couldn't be any cuter!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my word, I LOVE this!!! I love that you printed the image onto patterned paper and I adore the way you've colored it! Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven! I hope you get a chance to play this week at Inkspirational and this month at Technique Tuesday as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super adorable!!! LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really cute in red! Well done! Hopping along... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea and wonderfull card! I lust try to stamp direktly on patern papers, it looks great! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning, love the red
    thanks a lot for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges

    Love Mel DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright and cheerful to match our theme of add a sentiment or tag over at ATCs with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jen, I like the sweet image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Digi Haven, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the monochromatic look!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven!
    ♥ Sandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. brilliant card love the colours thanks for joining us at fat pages and cards with attitude and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!