Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY'S NEW RELEASE SUNDAY :: "VINTAGE BRIEFCASE"


It’s a YAY- SUNDAY again!!! Time to show you another of the week’s new releases at Digistamps 4 Joy:


This image is called “ Briefcase” and I think it will be just great for a masculine card.  There are so few vintage images in the store and so, although this type of drawing is not my strong point, I drew this briefcase.  (When last did you see a vintage briefcase like this?  I can remember one of my teachers having one – and I finished school in 1975!)

To create this card this is what I did :

-          Background DP with a VINTAGE postage theme print  has inked edges
-          I hand cut a red striped shirt and tie and added some faux stitching to the collar and button stand.
-          A maroon die cut was used as a mat behind the fussy cut image that was coloured using alcohol markers
-          Three odd gold coloured buttons from my gran’s button box of vintage buttons were used as embellishments (I used pliers to nip off the loopy thingies at the back)
-          The gold sentiment is a stick-on

This is not the only new release that I think you might like…
Click HERE to link to the Digistamps 4 Joy blog for an overview of all the new releases available, and links to where you can find them in the store.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!
    What a fantastic male card! I allways have a hard time making them, but you made a fantastic job! Love the details! Thank you so much for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and very stylish card!
    Thank you for joining us at the It's All about te Vintage & Beauty- challenge

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!