Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, June 7, 2012

TERRIFICALLY THIRLLING THURSDAY AT SHELLY'S IMAGES

YOU GIVE ME BUTTERFLIES!!!

Welcome to another really thrilling Thursday at Shelly's Images .... this week I have a really beautiful image to showcase.   The image is a very delicate butterfly sitting on some pretty little flowers, AND it comes with a fabulous sentiment.  The image is available, for a short time only, on the Shelly's Images store HERE


and this is my project : 

I printed the image onto white card and distressed the edges using my tool
I decided on a very light touch for the colouring to emphasize the delicateness of the butterfly and the flowers.  The colouring is done with alcohol markers, and a little bit of highlighting with a white gel pen.  I added two different shades of glitter glue (although it's not visible on the photograph) to the butterfly to give the beautiful image a little bling:

This is also your inspiration for the new challenge, which is BLINGAGE (is that a new word? ... but I suppose to crafters a rewitten dictionary is always a possibility!)

We'd like you to add bling - don't you just love that we're asking you to add lots and lots!

Link your entry to the challenge here ... I can't wait to see YOUR blingage!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

luv'n huggz
JEN LEEFLANG
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

4 comments:

  1. Loving this new image and you have brought it to life beautifully with your colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely image and your coloring of it is wonderful. Just a great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsy's. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning card! Love the butterfly! Thank you for joining us at THCRD!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful - love the "blinging! butterfly!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Card and Scrap
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you soon again!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Membr Card and Scrap

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!