Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, March 22, 2012

A TIARA FOR MARIAH

My friend's granddaughter, Mariah, is taking part in a "Trashion Parade" at pre-school tomorrow.  
I have made her a bouquet of roses made from plastic shopping bags that have a red and green print.  
She needed a tiara for her 'wedding dress' that her Auntie Maxine (a fashion designer) has made for her from white trash bags, and this is what I made :
Her whole outfit needs to be made from recycled materials , and so I dived into my 5 litre bucket of beads, sequins and bits and bobs that I keep threatening to throw out.  It's full of half made bits of jewellery, broken jewellery items that I have been given and is like a treasure trove!  I took out the trusty roll of thin gauge galvanised wire that I rescued from my dad's garage bin years and years ago, and fashioned a tiara fit for a Trashionista!

What do you think?

I'd like to add this to the following challenge:
 

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

6 comments:

  1. This is precious and I am sure the Trashionista is going to be more of a Fashionista. Beautifully photographed as well.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say that your friend's granddaughter is so very lucky that her grandma has such a wonderfully crafty friend. That crown is fit for a princess, which I'm sure she's going to feel like when she wears it. You did a fabulous job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful for a little princess. thanks for sharing your creation at SDC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an outfit this will be!! I'd love to see the ensemble!! The tiara is fit for a princess! Thank you so much for sharing your inspired recycling project in the Stampotique Designer's Wearable Art challenge!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty tiara, I'm sure she looked like a princess in it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!