Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, March 24, 2012

A PHOTO INSPIRATION CHALLENGE AT JUST SOME LINES

Over at the Just Some Lies Blog we have a new challenge for you, perfect for the coming Spring (if you live in the Northern Hemisphere), and this time it's a photo we have used to inspire you :

 

It reminds me of Spring Garden parties, dainty cucumber sandwiches and a Bucks Fizz or 2 or 3 or 4 ...

Here is the card that I made using the inspiration photo:


Those two adorable daschund images featured on my card are from the Just Some Lines store and are  :

I coloured them using Copics, Nellie Snellen alcohol markers and my new Spectrum Noir markers.

Aren't they just the cutest?  Look at those expressions - love, satisfaction, mmmmm ... makes you wonder ....

These are the supplies that I used :
ladybugs, flourishes and circular die cut - RAK's in my stash
green flatback pearls
Colour me Crazy Flowers
yellow mini pompoms for flower centres
Card Cadni - lime flower center
Red DP - FabScraps
Green Batik paper - my scraps bin

Now show us what you have created.  

You have 2 weeks to play. Challenge closes on Friday, April 6th at 11:59pm EST.
Rules:
Anyone is eligible to enter our challenges, you do not have to use a JSL image but we'd love to see one! 
Those entrants using a JSL image will receive an additional entry per project entered for purposes of our Random.org drawing for the winner.
Prize will be $12 credit to spend in JSL shop. Challenge will close at 11:59pm EST the Friday before the next challenge and winner will be announced on Sat. with the new challenge. 
 Entries must be NEW (no backlinking) and follow the challenge theme.

Here is that link to the JUST SOME LINES STORE once again

Here is that link to the JUST SOME LINES BLOG to link your entry.

Come like us on Facebook. When we reach 50 likes there will be a FREEBIE !! Click here to like! - yeah we have reached it!!so the link is up on our Facebook page for a couple hours.
 
and there are just a few more hours to join in the Easter Blog Hop ... have you hopped yet?

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

I would like to add this card to the following exciting challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation! I love the chequered background! Thanks for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely , beautiful card and papers. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Poodles Parlour, good luck cheers sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful coloring! and love all the background papers and your layout! thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place (-:
    Linda
    Phindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable are those doggie images Jen!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #40, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen that card is so adorable...love those two little dash...dacsh...oh heck...love the two little dogs! And I love your take on the inspiration photo...going for the swirls, ladiebugs and daisy's. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge Anything Goes....good luck ~ Charlene PC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is beautiful, I love the way you have coloured the puppies - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....adorable card! Love the dogs and the polka dots. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen,

    I just love this card! The colors are fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations design Challenge.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These dogs are just amazing! I love the flower flourish you've created and the papers are wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable combi of dogs, so sweet and love the inspiration photo too. Thank you so much for joining our Animal Planet Challenge at Phindy's Place, I hope you'll join us again this Friday.
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jen!! Thanks for playing along with us at Patties Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you really like dogs!
    They are looking gorgeous in these cards!

    Membership Cards
    Plastic Card Printing
    Scratch Card

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!