Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 12, 2011

A DAY FOR DAISIES : DT FAVOURITE SHOWCASE

This week is a little different at A DAY FOR DAISIES ...

Because there has been an abundance of new followers on the blog and in the ADFD & PCP groups recently, each of the Design Team members is showcasing an older image that some of the newer followers may not have seen all coloured up.

Today, I have showcased the incredibly elegant image, VANITY, and this is my creation:


I coloured the image using Copics and then cut it out from the frame. The lacy print DP is "Granny's Lace Returns" from Fabscraps, a South Afrcian Company that has just sent its first consignment to the US. The striped DP is also Fabscraps.

As embellishments I handbeaded a flourish using lilac acrylic bicone beads, and the flower sequins and beads are also sewn on.

There are a couple of hundred images in the A Day for Daisies Etsy Store, each so beautiful and expressive. What a talented artist Tammy is!

I hope that my creation today will inspire you to make a trip to the store to check out ALL the images. But be warned - you'll need a little more than a few minutes to see what's on offer. I am sure you won't come away uninspired or empty handed!

Here are some handy links for you:

All the DT's have used a different image, and each one is simply outstanding! Click HERE to see them all.
Or click HERE to go to the A DAY FOR DAISIES STORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!