Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, February 12, 2011

A DAY FOR DAISIES - SOME HAPPY NEW RELEASES


Yesterday Tammy released some really happy new images and the one I fell in love with is "You Make Me Happy" , an image that is the very picture of the unbreakable bond between mother and daughter.

I didn't want to colour the image too much as I felt the simple lines were more than enough to showcase Tammy's fabulous talent for capturing emotions. It is a bit of a different kind of card for me, as I love to expres myself in lots of colour, but this one totally works!



There is not much to say about how the card was created ...

The image was left uncoloured, except for the flowers and the lips, and I added a black border. I created a "To Do" list page, by adding some WordArt. The BP is an offcut of scrapbooking paper tht I have had in my box of scraps for yonks, and I carefully cut around the stem of one of the flowers and popped the image behind that. The embellies are some rhinestone flowers, a paperclip and a short length of satin ribbon.

Rewmember, there are some fabulous freebies up for grabs in the "A Day for Daisies" groups which you can use to enter the current challenge that calls for something metal or metallic to be added to your creation. (But hurry, there are only a few days left to enter!)

The groups also have a Monthly Card Game in which you can win ADFD images....

Here are some handy links that you may find useful :

Click here for the A Day for Daisies Store
Click here for the Challenge Blog
Click here to join A day for Daisies on CDAC
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on PCP
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on SSC

1 comment:

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!