Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, November 19, 2010

PATTIE'S CREATIONS CALLENGE #5 : Anything but a Card!


....... so i made a little pillow box, small/big enough to hold a Christmas mince pie. What a lovely little gift to send your Christmas visitors home with?

I used cardstock with a dainty holly print for the box - I don't have a tutorial because I make these little boxes out of my head. I addded a length of Christmas ribbon on top of which was pasted a square die cut out using a Nellie's Choice die. Pattie's Cupcake digi was coloured using watercolour pencils and then blinged using green glitter glue for the base and heating embossing with clear sparkle embossing powder and my heat gun.

If you'd like to see more of Pattie's cute and versatile images, you can visit here shop here.

The embellishments used were some gold snowflakes, and a little Christmassy bow.

I added the Christmas mince pie so you can judge the size of the box.

I will enter this into Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #5 here.

7 comments:

  1. Jen,
    This is a great idea for guests at the Holidays! Those holly berries look perfect on the cupcake, and I love that bow! Really nice and well put together!
    Thanks for displaying your creation for this challenge.
    ☺ Sandi
    DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, just love the idea of a gift box!! Thanks for joining us over at Patties Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous!!! :) i never did a pillow box.. and i always enjoy seeing these.. you did a great job!!! ;) Thanks for playing in the challenge at Patties Creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Jen, I just love your pillow box! Thanks for entering this week at our challenge Pattie's Creations.

    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really cute... lots of sparkle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creativ creation. Love how the cake is layred. Thanks for joining Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just perfect!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Patties Creations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!