Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, October 4, 2010

Glitterbabe's Thursday Challenge


Stef's Thursday Challenge this week calls for heat or dry embossing, and my card using her Floral Quilt Digistamp, incorporates both.

Let me explain how I created the quilt digi: The original quilt has only 4 squares, and I copied, cut, flipped and pasted to make nine squares. I then coloured the image using my watercolour pencils, and it was then heat embosswed using my Versamark stamp pad and clear embossing powder to which I added to crystal sparkle glitter powder. I created a wallhanging quilt by making satin ribbon tabs at top, and hand-beaded the fringing at the bottom. A kebab skewer was used as the rod.

For the sentiment section, I used dry embossing, with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Spellbinder Wizard. A satin ribbon, a bow and a stick-on sentiment were then added.

I just love the final product, and even though it took quite a few hours to make, it was well worth the effort.

4 comments:

  1. omg!!!! jen! this is to die-for gorgeous! wow! boy! talk about creative! i like YOURS better than mine - lol!

    thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

    WOW!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness Jen! It's beautiful! This is so so creative! Whoever looks at this after me....make sure you click on the picture to really see how beautiful this is! Breathtaking! Love the sparkly embossing! Not to mention every single other element here is over the top gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooow Jen!! This is sooo gorgeous!! :D Thank you for sharing it with us at Glitterbabes Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That patchwork design is soooooooo pretty! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!