Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, August 22, 2010

When I am an old Woman ...


Jenny Joseph wrote a fabulous poem ....

WARNING
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens . . .

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

... and this is what immediately sprang to mind when I saw Nana Vic's "I'm not Ageing..." digi and bcame the inspiration for my card. It is my entry into Nana Vic's WEEKEND QUICKIE challenge ... and here it is ...

FOOTNNOTE ... mmm now that I think of it - I am starting to discover a lot more purple in my wardrobe ... I think I need to go out an buy myself a RED HAT today!

9 comments:

  1. Just thinking about the poem, the poet and my love of purple ... is it just a co-incidence that we share the same name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going out to look for a red hat so I can wear it with all my purple outfits...Awesome poem and a wonderful card. Thanks Jen *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute Jen! This card is adorable and the poem is perfect for her! You'd be fabulous in that new red hat! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!! Thank you Jen I just love the poem & it does fit perfectly with your card x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL these red hat cards are always a HOOT! love yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card Jen, love how you've incorporated the image and the poem :) Gemma x http://handmadebygem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card you did a great job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!